SAS batch job hangs up when scheduled from CONTROL_M

Several scripts
sasuser
Nouveau
Nouveau

SAS batch job hangs up when scheduled from CONTROL_M

Post by sasuser » 23 Jan 2009 10:27

hi all,

I am totally new to CONTROL_M; I have a set of DOS batch jobs (each a separate .bat file); Each batch file invokes several programs written in SAS language;

When these batch scripts are executed directly, everything works as expected;

However when scheduled using CONTROL_M , one of the batch jobs runs for some time , and then hangs up;

I have been to find out where it stopped...the point where it stops, the SAS code tries to invoke few DOS commands..first DOS command is simple CD command ..and then a DOS utility program is run ..this program uncompresses files (GZIP.exe); If this step is successful I expect to see uncompressed files, but that does not happen;

Looks to me that for some reason, when jobs are launched from CONTROL_M DOS commands are failing somehow ..

please give me suggestions, ideas what could be wrong here, or if I am missing?

thanks in advance;
Shankar

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 28 Jan 2009 11:20

hags up "yellow ? executing status ?"
use the right _exit from the controlm agent...
be sure that return code is send back by the script to the agent

regards
philmalmaison

th_alejandro
Nouveau
Nouveau

re-engineering

Post by th_alejandro » 24 Apr 2009 6:14

Hi, this is the problem with new users that use Control-M to sheduling old bat file o script not designed for Control-M or script with pour functionality. I have to re-write all script in my system in migration to Control-M, because jobs and functionality area diferents. My recomendation : re-engineering...., separate scripts un various scripts depending in his funitionality and join with conditions to perform the same.

fyot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by fyot » 25 Apr 2009 10:15

Hi

Don't forget, you must consider Control-M as a black box, launching what you need.

If you want Control-M to react depending on information existing in your standard output, or depending on error code sent by your command, or your script, you must prepare your script to be able to send that.

If not, Control-M could wait a lot of time to react correctly.