Auton clean up active environment

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
nirasm
Nouveau
Nouveau

Auton clean up active environment

Post by nirasm » 13 Jul 2015 9:33

All-

Let me give a little background of our non prod environment(dev/qa/few others..) datwarehouse scheduling env usage.So we have our dev/qa/etc.. users(few hudndreds) accessing control-M for their daily development and testing activites.They can randomly order jobs manually in to active environment based on their needs.The odate can be from past or future (for the past order date, it can well be be from prevoius year sometimes).

Tables/jobs can be put on hold ,maxwait can be 99(for few that need dependecies that span out of odate) and left unattended restricting standard new day to clean up.Thus these jobs repeatedly get loaded into ajf as part of new day impacting the license(task based) and performance.Current and tediuos procedure is admin periodically checks the environment and manually cleans up the jobs.

We would like to come up with some script to check the tables/jobs that are older than 30 days(based on ORDER TIME and not odate) and mark them as deleted.I am envisioning using combination of database view(select query against ctrlm server database-cmr_ajf table) to return jobs with order no ordered more then 30days, *p_36 and 'ctmpsm' control-M server utililities to manipulate select query results and mark them as deleted based on order id.

My Env: Cotnrol-M 7 on AIX with posgre sql.

If anyone have any other ideas for my scenario or have implemented working solution in your environment,please advise.

Thanks for reading this long post.

nriasm