User Daily is erased in the New Day if Resources is removed

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
Fayres
Nouveau
Nouveau

User Daily is erased in the New Day if Resources is removed

Post by Fayres » 05 Dec 2012 8:03

Hi,

I need to stop some jobs from running for 2 days, so the solution I'm testing is setting the Quantitative Resources to 0, so that the jobs with those resources never run. This way they would stay "Waiting for resources" until I update it to normal quantities again.
The problem is: When the New Day started today, the jobs weren't even ordered, so even if I reactivate the resource the jobs won't run.

I noticed that the User Daily from the job's table was blank instead of "SYSTEM" that was before.

Does anyone know how to keep the User Daily as "SYSTEM", so that the jobs can stay in the active environment for more than 1 day?

Thanks in advance!

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 06 Dec 2012 9:31

The userdaily remains if you update jobs resource definition, etc.

In some way you have done write and upload removing the SYSTEM or you have put the SYSTEM but not "uploaded" the table.

If you have forecast, to control that all is ok, use the "load forecast"; so you can control that tables are ordered in future (and many things more).

Note: the quantitative resources can be added and updated automatically in one scheduled job...
:-))

Regards

Winsome
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Winsome » 10 Dec 2012 8:53

Firstly, I believe, you have not set or accidentally deleted the USER daily value when you Uploaded the table. Please have the value added. The USER DAILY Value is needed for it to load automatically.

Secondly, you do not need to go through Resources to hold a job from not running for 2 days, you can change the schedule of the job to NOT load for those 2 days.

Go to Scheduling tab, you could see ACTIVE from in the bottom of that tab, Change it to ACTIVE UNTIL and mention the days till when it should run and then start from when again.

Say you do not want the job to run on Jan 6th and 7th, mention
ACTIVE UNTIL To Jan5th from Jan 8th

You could check the Forecast to see what are the days selected.

And if you want to Load this jobs in Active env and keep them from running, the easy way is to just hold them. There are other ways if you want to keep them from running without any manual intervention, let me know if you need them.

PS: I do not understand the point of loading a job and not running them, hence it would be best if you do not load them if you do not intend to run them.

Hope that helped.
Thanks!Winsome