Control-M Config Manager GUI 6.3.0.1 EXTREMELY Slow

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
GregE
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M Config Manager GUI 6.3.0.1 EXTREMELY Slow

Post by GregE » 07 May 2011 4:20

Solaris 10
CM/EM 6.3.01 FP500

I'm not a CM expert. Here's my dilemma.

We've setup a new CM server and EM. Very few jobs, and about 10 client agents. Today is Friday, and Monday was the last day that it was working normally. We had some network changes done on Tuesday night.

Ever since Wednesday, it has been extremely slow to open the CM Configuration Manager GUI, when connecting to this new server. Connecting to our current production server is fine, and connecting to this new server was also fine for a week, until Wednesday.

We've tried connecting across the WAN, and also in the same room as the CM/EM server itself. Same results. This is how slow it is.......

8-9 minutes to get to the login prompt
Another 8-9 minutes to get to the component and agent view.
60 seconds to ping an agent that Monday took 4 seconds.

I know this would point to the network changes. But I've done some file copies to that server, from my PC (or any other server) and that performance is normal. Oracle databases also on that server are normal to log into. From ctm_menu on CM server, I've pinged agents instantly. We've rebooted the server, no difference. We've done network sniffers from my PC to the CM server, and very few packets are crossing. All others who use the CM Config Manager have the same issue. It doesn't matter where CM Config Manager is, it's incredibly slow, to the point of not being useful.

What can I look for? What files should I be looking into as possible corruption issues? What logs would give me some additional info?

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 09 May 2011 3:55

Hi,
It seems to be a dns problem, and it does not necessary affect you on file transfer.

Look if there are many route to dns servers on /etc/resolv.conf, ping the first one and ping the failover if there is one, but any case, the difficulties shoud be therefore.

Regards,

Philmalmaison

GregE
Nouveau
Nouveau

Looks OK

Post by GregE » 09 May 2011 7:50

64 bytes from ns04.company.com (10.xx.xx.xx): icmp_seq=0. time=64.4 ms

GregE
Nouveau
Nouveau

orbconfigure

Post by GregE » 12 May 2011 3:38

It was the settings in orbconfigure, though since nothing on the CM server changed, I shouldn't have had to change that. Had to change the Published Address to the Virtual Hostname. Don't know why, but now it works.