Control-M Log for actions taken on a job

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
Tammy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Control-M Log for actions taken on a job

Post by Tammy » 24 Feb 2011 6:41

Is there a log available that would tell me what action was taken for a job in the AJF once it's rolled off the Archive Viewpoint? My Sys Admins don't want to keep more than 10 days worth of viewpoints but sometimes I need to find out if a job was deleted, forced OK, etc. 12 days after the job ended. Is there a Control-M log that would tell me that information for all jobs? Thanks.

Eight
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Eight » 28 Feb 2011 4:50

Depending on how long you keep your joblogs you could use the ctmlog utility.

ctmlog listmsg "<search>" FromDate FromTime ToDate ToTime “report file location/name”
Example:
ctmlog listmsg "5401" 20110101 0000 20110227 0000 /opt/test_log2.txt

For the search string value you just right click on a job and go to log. You will see the codes listed.

Example for hold:
28/02/2011 10:46:27 AM CS5401 HELD BY USER

If you need to go further back then you could run this daily for a 24hr period and then have it for reference at a later date.

mauriziog
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by mauriziog » 03 Mar 2011 8:50

To have a retentions of logs longher then "archived view points", you must manuly extract them.
With the Reporting Facility you can extract all actions you want doing a report template and running it in batch mode every day with a controlM job.
In the last version 7.0 there is also a free desktop form for reporting in witch you can easy define the report to run, pass also variable parameters (as the date) and also send automatically the report via e-mail.

But I build reports about "User actions" all days automatically scheduled by controlM jobs from 6.3 version.
Have a good day
MaurizioG.

Tammy
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Tammy » 10 Mar 2011 5:44

Thank you. It looks like we have one day of ctmlog so I'm setting up something to retain those.

Mauriziog - I've looked at Control-M Reporting for 6.3 but I don't see anything for User Actions. Did you create this or what report should I look for ? Thanks.