Migration 620 --> 640 / ControlM srv disabled

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
Phyzio
Nouveau
Nouveau

Migration 620 --> 640 / ControlM srv disabled

Post by Phyzio » 15 Feb 2011 4:12

Hi !

We updated ControlM EM 620 to 640 and I've got some troubles with the definition of some ControlM servers (v620) post-migration :

ControlM servers which were disabled from the comm table in the EM 620 didn't appear in the EM 640 CCM. Only the gateway component related to these servers is shown in the CCM.

1) Where is the server component in this case ?
2) Its impossible to update any tricks in the gateway properties box for a such disabled server
3) Impossible to update any definition in the EM/GUI 640 (communication detail and status)
4) I've tried to delete the gateway component (it works) and create a new server & gateway with the same name to replace it but... the CCM says thats this server already exists.
5) I take a look in the COMMREG and CONFREG table, no mention of this crappy disabled server

Somebody got an idea about this ?

Many thanks.

Phyzio.

Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Walty » 16 Feb 2011 10:12

Hi,

I don't use 6.4 version, but in addition from <COMMREG> and <CONFREG> tables look also if the table <COMM> exist.
This table isn't documented in 6.3 but i already updated (delete component Datacenter invalid)

SQL> select data_center from comm;
SQL> delete from comm where data_center='xxxxxxx';
Best regards
Walty

philmalmaison
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by philmalmaison » 17 Feb 2011 4:07

Hi,
what did you use to do your migration ?
the standard bmc software install_migration soft ?

What you can do is to suppress any wrong parameters in CCM and redifine Gateways and servers.
That should not take a long time.

Regards,
Philmalmaison

Phyzio
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Phyzio » 18 Feb 2011 3:53

Hi

Hidden disabled servers can be shown in the CCM when you tick "Show disabled Control-M/Server component" in the option menu. It works when you have the kind idea to restart the CCM, first I have not...

However, no way to update any infos but now I can suppress them and it rocks :)

Thanks for your answers guys.

Phyzio