How to delete jobs/tables from Control-M EM?

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
Kirti
Nouveau
Nouveau

How to delete jobs/tables from Control-M EM?

Post by Kirti » 24 Dec 2010 4:02

Dear all,

I am totally new to Control-M (Just had our installation done y'day). I created a table and 7 jobs in Desktop and got them into EM and the server. But when I did further changes to the jobs in Desktop and did a write and upload, the changes were not reflected in EM so I did a "Force" in EM and now have left with multiple copies of the same jobs in EM and inspite of using an user with all the privileges, its not letting me delete the jobs from there.

Obviously I have done something silly. But please bear with me till I do my training. If you can point me in the right direction, would be great. Been through the manuals but not al lot useful at this stage.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thanks,
Kirti

rchkevin
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by rchkevin » 27 Dec 2010 7:24

Hi,

Right Click > Hold the jobs
right Click > Delete

if jobs are in executing status perform the above action after they are completed or kill the jobs.

Kirti
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Kirti » 07 Jan 2011 5:06

Hi,

Thanks for this. I am completely new to Control-M. Is there a good tutorial/user guide for Control-M desktop, EM? I have been through almost every page/pdf on the internet but nothing seem to show simple things like

1> How to create a new application, a new group etc.

2> How to make changes to the jobs in Desktop and migrate them to EM. as when I tried doing them using "write jobs" and "upload" however changes didn't get reflected in EM.

Thanks,
Kirti

catchtony
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by catchtony » 07 Jan 2011 6:42

Hi,

Do you click on "save as draft" on the job(s) after making the changes in desktop ?

Also you can find all the docs based on your EM version here

http://www.scheduler-usage.com/modules. ... ad&cid=199

Hope this helps and good luck with your training