Not all jobs conditions are displayed in the control-m enter

Everything about Control-M Enterprise Manager Server installation or setup.
cobus1234
Nouveau
Nouveau

Not all jobs conditions are displayed in the control-m enter

Post by cobus1234 » 11 Mar 2010 11:15

Hi,
We did put yesterday our PRODUCTION controlm server v6.1.03 into the controlm enterprise manager v6.3.01.600.
Now we have the following problem. The moment we started controlm em v6.3.01.600 and controlm server 6.1.03 all jobs in the active environment are displayed. But not all conditions "link lines" are displayed. All jobs did run ok and all condiditions worked ok only not all are displayed in the gui.
This morning at 06:45 the new day process has run ok but still we don't see all condition "link lines" in the EM gui.
Regards,
CvB

Banshee06
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Banshee06 » 11 Mar 2010 10:43

When this has happened to me I rebooted the server that Control-M is on and the conditions all came back but mine was missing all of them .

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 12 Mar 2010 10:17

cobus1234,

Do you see no link at all or only some of them are missing?
Do you use or specify Global Condition definitions ?

Please reply, for your problem might relate to a bug I found and reported to BMC while upgrading straight from 6.1.03 to 6.4.0

Cheers
Nicolas Mulot

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 12 Mar 2010 10:36

cobus1234,

I checked on my 6.3.0 and the same problem appears.
If you are using global conditions, please forward the global conditions definition matrix

Nicolas Mulot

cobus1234
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by cobus1234 » 12 Mar 2010 11:05

Hi nicolas_mulot,

We miss some link lines, not all and we don't use Global Conditions.

I did try the next step to perform a migration of the Control-M/Server v6.1.03 to a Control-M/Server v6.3.01 under Control-M/EM v6.3.01 and the same problem appeard there.

For this reason :cry: we did go back to the Control-M/Server and EM v6.1.03 environment.

Regards,
Co van Berkel

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 12 Mar 2010 2:03

cobus1234,

Si it doesnt seem to be exactly the same problem I experienced. Still, and even if you dont USE global conditions, make sure there is no definition in the global condition tab in EM GUI.

I still think the problem is just a display problem: I understand you went back to 6.1.03 because this kind of bug is not acceptable by opertaors, but there are good chances that your production still ran OK and control-m server is not involved in the problem.

Have you checked that, despite the links where not displayed, the IN and OUT parameters of 2 linked jobs where informed properly? This should be performed either uner EM GUI or ctmpsm Zoom or both.
Have you observed that, despite the links where not displayed, the jobs executed in the proper order, or not?

Have you any possibility to reproduce the problem now you went back to 6.1.03?
Is your EM still in 6.3.0, and how many datacenters are connected to it ?

Nicolas Mulot

cobus1234
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by cobus1234 » 12 Mar 2010 4:49

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reactions..

There are no global conditions definitions in the tab of the gui.

And yes, all jobs did run in the correct order, even the jobs where no link line was displayed!
When displaying the properties of a job with IN and / or OUT conditions, and without a link line, all conditions where correct.
When using the “right-key” of the mouse, the option “Branch menus”, was grayed out by all jobs where the link lines where’d displayed!

I have still a v6.3.0 environment running with one datacenter. This datacenter is a migrated copy, using the BMC migration tool, of the production Server v6.1.3 environment. Where de new day process is stopped by renaming the “User Daily” name for all schedule tables, disabled all agents and renum all agent poort. In this datacenter whe did yesterday, by hand, a “order+hold” of all the schedule tables normal in the daily plan. And still not all link lines are displayed!

Monday I will test of a newday in this environment gives the same result. But before that I have to be sure that no jobs are starting to run on our production agents.

Co van Berkel

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 12 Mar 2010 7:21

cobus1234,

The fact that your jobs execute in the proper order confirms that this is a display problem, only linked to EM and not to the server.
Those conditions which are not displayed as links should have a common characteristic. Please check either condition names or job environment.

Since your EM 630 seem newly installed, maybe you missed some overides which you used to specify in 6.1.03.

Check the settings in tools --> options --> links between 6.1.03 and 6.3.0.
I imagined that "display condition behind nodes" could have been an axplanation, but in that case, the branch menu is activated, and this would have affected all links.

Checking the BMC knowledge base, I found the following entry, which is included in fix pack 1 of EM 3.3.0:
"
CAR00035730 In the CONTROL-M/EM GUI and CONTROL-M/Desktop, incorrect links are displayed in the flow diagram when a job has more than one In condition or Out condition with the same name and date.
For example, if a job has the following In conditions, incorrect links for condition Cond1 ODAT appear:
(Cond1 ODAT And Cond2 ODAT ) Or (Cond1 ODAT And Cond3 ODAT)
"

If you dont find anything, I dont see any other explanation and , if no one else on this forum can help you, the best is to ask BMC.

Cheers
Nicolas Mulot

cobus1234
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by cobus1234 » 15 Mar 2010 11:56

Hi Nicolas,

We run Control-M/Server and Control-M/EM, v6.1.03 and v6.3.01, on HP-UX and they are updated with the latest fixpacks.

But our Control-M/EM GUI, Desktop, ForeCast and Reporting facility is running on Windows XP. Only I can't find any fixpack for the Control-M/GUI, Desktop, ForeCast and / or Reporting facility. When I run the Control-M/EM-Fixpack.002 till Control-M/EM-Fixpack.006 I get the following message “There was no instances found that are valid for this Fix Pack. Setup will now abort.”

Regards,
Co van Berkel.

nicolas_mulot
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicolas_mulot » 16 Mar 2010 10:48

cobus1234

As written previously, since no one else on this forum seem to ever have experienced your problem, and since I do not have additional idea, the best at that stage is to open a case near BMC.

Sorry for being helpless

Nicolas Mulot