Report facility cant see oracle

A lot of scripts ans example to extract information from Control-M tools.
mgcorona
Nouveau
Nouveau

Report facility cant see oracle

Post by mgcorona » 19 Oct 2009 7:19

Hi guys, i´m trying to install the report facility, have an oracle´s client installed, but when i try to install the report it shows the next message:

"the selected option requieres installation of a CONTROL-M Oracle server or client version 10.1.0 on this computer"

I have installed oracle 10.1, ... why I can´t install the report facility?

what is my mistake? :(

Cheers

Admin007

Reporting and Oracle

Post by Admin007 » 23 Oct 2009 9:30

Are you installing a EM client including the Reporting Facility. If so, you need to install the Oracle client that is shipped with the Control-M/Enterprise Manager database component installer CD. (Please ensure you run the correct installer because the standard installer is there as well). The Reporting Facility can only be installed when the EM installer detects the customized oracle client that is on the CD. If you're doing a full install you may also get similar if the database component has not been installed.

mgcorona
Nouveau
Nouveau

I have oracle that came with EM manger

Post by mgcorona » 27 Oct 2009 11:50

Hi Admin007... Yes, I´m triyng to install oracle that came with Control-M/Enterprise Manager, as i said, it´s configured to connect with my EM server and the connection can work perfectly... the problem is when i try to install report facility.

I want to install report facility to see information about jobs BIM, in special the information in business services....can i get that information using unix commands?, i´d like to collect and save all information about my BIM proceses (log service, business services). How can i get that information?.

Cheers