Send an e-mail when a job is finished OK

A lot of scripts ans example to extract information from Control-M tools.
Hookyto
Nouveau
Nouveau

Send an e-mail when a job is finished OK

Post by Hookyto » 14 May 2009 12:08

I have been trying different ways to send an e-mail at the OK finalization on a job, but without positive results. Can someone teach me how I can do it please? and where are the specifications of the proxy to let the mail arrive to the destination.

Forgive my english.

vassi168

Post by vassi168 » 14 May 2009 8:24

Hallo,
witch version what a maschine?

Regards
Vassilis

Senthilkumar
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Senthilkumar » 14 May 2009 10:05

Hi,

In Control-M Enterprise Manager, u can try in the Job Editing Form / Post Proc panel 'When' is equal to 'Ok', then type the mail id in the 'To' option.

or otherwise if you want the sysout of the job u can use the PARM Perameter in the Job Editing Form/<%> Set panel.

Please correct me when i am wrong.

Thanks in advance,
~Senthil.

nicke
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by nicke » 14 May 2009 12:53

The Control-M/Server functionality to Mail is depending of that SMTP is set up on the Server platform.

If your Control-M/Server is on Unix you need to ask the Unix Sysadmins to configure sendmail on it and after that you configure the Control-M/Server to use the SMTP Server Host configured in sendmail to use in DoMail functions of Control-M. This you configure through ctm_menu - 6 - 6 and there you set up the name of the SMTP Server Relay, Port and so on. When done you should be able to use the mail functions in Control-M :D

Hookyto
Nouveau
Nouveau

Post by Hookyto » 15 May 2009 5:11

Thanks, I'm going to try this... I hope it works!!!!