Manage your Account

Community :
 Register yourself!
 Other Links
 Recommand that Site

Divers :
 Top 10

Scheduler-Usage: Forums

Controlm-M Usage :: View topic - Hold cyclic job automatically via prerequisite condition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hold cyclic job automatically via prerequisite condition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Controlm-M Usage Forum Index -> Exploitation / Operation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chand
Nouveau
Nouveau

User
(Level 0)

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 2:18    Post subject: Hold cyclic job automatically via prerequisite condition Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an existing cyclic control-M job with 15 minutes interval.
From now and then, I must call our Control-M Operator to Hold this job,
then resume it.
It is our company policy to raise a change record for any changes in the Control-M active plan, such as to simply Hold / Release this cyclic job.
However, no change record is required for confirming a scheduled 'Wait Confirm' job.
I am thinking to utilising this 'Wait confirm' job to stop / resume this cyclic job.
Is there a way to redesign my control-M job, so I can do the following:

1.) Cyclic_jobA -> added an IN-COND of DummyX job.

2.) a Wait_Confirm job called jobStopD to remove a completed IN-COND of DummyX in Cyclic_jobA

3.) another Wait_Confirm job called jobResumeE to Add the above IN-COND of DummyX in Cyclic_jobA back.

What is the ctm utility command line to Remove and Add CONDITION?

Having the above jobs will make my life easier by calling our Control-M Operator to confirm jobStopD, in order to stop cyclic job.
Then later, I call the operator again to confirm the jobResumeE in order to resume the cylic job.

Thank you.
Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

User
(Level 0)

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the best way is to use the <ctmcontb> utility to manipulate prerequisite conditions in command line.

The ctmcontb utility performs many operations on prerequisite conditions inthe CONTROL-M/Server database like <ADD> <DELETE> <LIST> .....

You can see too the <ctmpsm> utility for a specific actions about your job in the AJF.
chand
Nouveau
Nouveau

User
(Level 0)

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Walty, you are very helpful.

I have been looking for a control-M documentaton realted to control-M command line utilities, such as ctmcontb, etc.
Could anyone tell me where can I find or download?
What is AJF?
Thank you.
Walty
Nouveau
Nouveau

User
(Level 0)

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009 5:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you can download documentation from BMC site, see post

Quote:
What is AJF?

Active Jobs file (AJF)
The Active Jobs file contains all jobs scheduled for submission in the current day. Each job in the Active Jobs file is not submitted until all conditions in the job processing definition for the job are satisfied. The Active Jobs file is in the CONTROL-M database.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Controlm-M Usage Forum Index -> Exploitation / Operation All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: